Frequently Asked Questions
Festival and year-round screening tickets can be purchased via our website and at the screening venue one hour before showtime.
This year’s Festival will be a hybrid of virtual and in-person screenings and panels. We recommend you buy tickets in advance as many screenings will sell out. However, you may still purchase day-of tickets, pending availability
Below are some FAQ answers below to help you with purchasing tickets online and watching films virtually.
How do I access my in-person screening ticket?
For in-person screenings, you may print your ticket from your email order confirmation or present your smartphone to have your ticket scanned for entry. Tickets are available for purchase at the venue pending availability.
How do I access my virtual ticket?
You will receive two emails from RiverRun International Film Festival:
- Order Confirmation – This is sent at the time of purchase.
- Virtual Access – This email is your virtual ticket and will be sent one hour before the film is available to watch. Unless you purchased your ticket after the film was already publicly available, in which case, you will have received this within minutes of your first order confirmation email.
This second “virtual access” email also displays your 9-digit voucher code. You don’t need to enter this code to access the film on the online screening portal, but this will be required if you have Roku or Apple TV and prefer to watch the film directly on your TV (see Technical FAQ for more info).
You can also access your virtual ticket by logging into your Elevent account, which you will have already created in order to purchase your ticket. Click “View Order” at the top of the page once you’ve logged in, and from there, you’ll see your order confirmation, voucher code, and a blue “View on CineSend” button if/when the film is available to watch.
I can’t locate my virtual access email.
You will receive two emails from RiverRun.
- order confirmation – this is sent at the time of purchase
- virtual access – this email is your virtual ticket and will be sent one hour before the film is available to watch, unless you purchased your ticket after the film was already publicly available, in which case, you will have received this within minutes of your first order confirmation email.
This second virtual access email also displays your 9-digit voucher code. You don’t need to enter this code to access the film on the online screening portal, but this will be required if you have Roku or Apple TV and prefer to watch the film directly on your TV (see Technical FAQ for more info).
You can also access your virtual ticket by logging into your Elevent account, which you will have already created in order to purchase your ticket. Click “view order” at the top of the page once you’ve logged in and from there you’ll see your order confirmation, voucher code, and a blue “View on RiverRun International Film Festival” button if/when the film is available to watch.
How do I watch the film I bought a ticket to?
The second virtual access email you have or will receive includes a “view” button, which links directly to the film on RiverRun’s online screening portal. NOTE: the “view” button will only be visible and active once the film is available to watch, according to the start date and time as specified on our website.
Can I watch the movie on my TV? Is there an App for the screening portal?
If you have Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, or Android, you can search for and download the Elevent TV app. Be sure to search for “Elevent TV,” including space. See the Technical FAQ link listed below for more details.
How do I know when the film is available to watch?
The date and time when the film is available is noted in your first order confirmation email. It’s also included on the RiverRun’s Virtual Search Page, which you can access by visiting https://www.goelevent.com/RiverRun/e/Virtual.
How long is the film available to watch?
Most films are available for 72 hours unless otherwise communicated.
NOTE: If you purchase your ticket on the last day that a film is available, be aware that the 72-hour availability period may not apply depending on how late in the day you have purchased your ticket; most films come off the screening portal at midnight on the listed end date.
Can I pause/stop the film and finish it later or rewatch the movie?
Yes, so long you do so with the 72-hour period or availability duration as noted.
I bought tickets to different films. Will multiple virtual tickets be included in the same email?
No. You will receive a different “virtual access” email including a unique voucher code for each film you purchased a ticket to.
NOTE: different films may have different start dates and times; you will receive your various “virtual access” emails accordingly and one hour before each film becomes available on the screening portal.
Can I gift my ticket to someone else by forwarding them my “virtual access” email?
Unfortunately not. Your ticket is linked to your Elevent account and is viewable on one device only. If you are interested in purchasing a ticket for someone else you can do so by visiting RiverRun’s ticketing page, checking out as a Guest, and entering the intended recipient’s email address at checkout.
And, here are in-depth technical FAQs that are very helpful as well– https://goelevent.reamaze.com/articles/virtual-events-faq
Can I still get into an in-person screening if it’s sold out?
RiverRun encourages its patrons to purchase tickets as early as possible, as many screenings sell out prior to the Festival. In the event of a sold-out show, you may arrive at the venue an hour before the screening to get on the screening waitlist – which is on a first-come, first-served basis as space allows.
How can a virtual screening be sold out?
Some may ask how we can have a sold-out show when so many of the films are being screened virtually. Some filmmakers or distributors limit the number of tickets sold enabling them to present their films more widely with other audiences and festivals. For all screenings virtual or in-person, there are a limited amount of tickets available, so make sure and get your tickets early!
What is geoblocking?
Again, because of limitations with availability of various films, some of the virtual screenings will only be available to patrons in the United States or, for some, only residents of North Carolina. Each of these films will be clearly marked so you will know before you buy a ticket.
What if I still have technical questions about online viewing?
Peruse the Elevent FAQ on Virtual Events for the latest information.
What is RiverRun’s film rating system?
RiverRun is committed to bringing you outstanding independent films, not in wide release. Therefore, most of the films we show are not yet rated by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). So in an effort to help you choose great films for yourself and your family, we have included content ratings –either our own or the MPAA’s when available – for each program in this brochure. Our rating system includes three categories:
- MT (Mature) – Significant mature content.
- TN (Teen+) – May have some mature content.
- FM (Family Friendly) – Suitable for children as young as 8-12.
Where are the in-person screening venues?
Crossnore Communities for Children
1001 Reynolda Road
- Our second free outdoor screening this year will take place at the Crossnore Farm. Enter from the Reynolda Road entrance, and you will see signs and volunteers directing you to the correct location on the farm. Bring your own chairs or blankets. Bathrooms are on site.
Hanesbrands Theatre, Reynolds Place Theatre, & Mountcastle Room
209/251 North Spruce Street
- These three event spaces are located together on the same campus. Parking for any of these spaces is available in a paid lot directly across from the Milton Rhodes Center at 251 North Spruce, where you can easily pay via your phone. There is also street parking surrounding the facilities.
Kilpatrick, Townsend & Stockton LLP
1001 West 4th Street
- Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Kilpatrick, Townsend & Stockton LLP, we are doing a one-time outdoor screening in their parking lot. Enter via the two entrances on 4th Street. Bring your own chairs or blankets. Bathrooms and concessions will not be available, but you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks.
2095 Peters Creek Parkway
- There is ample parking in the lot directly in front of and to the side of the Cinema.
RED Cinemas Greensboro
1305 Battleground Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27408
- RED Cinemas has ample parking directly outside the building.
UNCSA ACE Theatre Complex – Main Theatre & Gold Theatre
1533 South Main Street
- This year, the parking at UNCSA will be completely on campus. RiverRun guests may park in any spaces on campus that are designated for visitor parking.
Where should I stay if I’m from out of town?
Book an all-inclusive package with our Festival hotel partner which includes festival tickets and a swag bag. For more information and to make your reservation: CLICK HERE
What are RiverRun's COVID-19 protocols?
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space. By attending the RiverRun International Film Festival in person, you agree to comply with any and all rules and safety guidelines put in place by the event organizers, and you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, waiving all claims and potential claims against the organizers and their affiliated companies relating to such risks.